Wednesday 8 May 2013

walk a mile


Tuesday's are my sleepy morning day. Most days during the week I'm up in the dark hours, before the birds, before the world wakes, in the peace and the still. I'm already working away before some people's iPhone alarms have greeted them good morning. I think GASP I'm becoming a morning person.

Tuesday mornings are my favourite though. It's my one morning of the week where there's not much of a schedule, I can lay in the warm, wrinkled sheets (body clock doesn't always remember I don't have to be awake at 5am) and read, or look at beautiful things and blogs on the internet, or study. I can make myself a long lazy breakfast, dawdle down the road for a glorious coffee. Just... take my time.

This morning I pottered. Watched the clouds draw nearer with Penny Cat by my side. Washed towels. Packed away clean dishes. Felt the morning drag along, which is such a beautiful feeling. By the time it came to leave for my afternoon at work, I was looking forward to the stroll. My walk takes me past Melbourne's Botanic Gardens, which seem so fiery and alive during these cooler, crisper months. My walk was slow and deliberate, my milky hot coffee keeping my hands warm, taking in the greens, oranges and rusty, deep reds of the garden. Admiring and breathing it in.

Tuesday mornings remind me life is good and quiet is wonderful. As frantic and fast-paced as life can be, this time is mine to savour.

Enjoy your Tuesday darlings.

xx


No comments:

Post a Comment