Thursday 30 May 2013

raindrops


Today is one of those amazing days when the rain is really set in, the kind of set in where you know it's here for a good few days, making its drizzly presence felt, pooling in gutters and tinkling down drainpipes.

I like the rain. I like the way it kind of forces everyone to slow down a bit. You can't hustle and bustle around. You need to be a bit more thought-out and deliberate. And I kind of like the way it forces everyone indoors, which normally means hanging out and spending time with your favourites, making something warm and comforting for dinner, cuddling up, wearing woolly socks, huddling under blankets, enjoying the peace the grey skies bring.

I've been huddled indoors all day, working a long all-day shift at work, but the beauty of our practice is that it has these big, unobstructed windows at the front, which means I have the best vantage point for watching the weather roll on in, changing the tempo (and the temp!). I still managed to get out at lunch, winter boots and thick coat on, brolley in hand for a bit of cockle-warming italian food at lunch. It was yum. It made me sleepy.

Grey days do that though. And that's ok in my book.

xx


No comments:

Post a Comment