Monday 6 May 2013

aloha

Hello there! Don't you look lovely today. You really do!

This is what I look like today. From the tummy down anyway!



It is Monday today, where I am, in increasingly chilly Melbourne, slowly lurching towards a pinched-cheek winter. I'm a little bit worried to be honest. This is my first Winter in my new home town. I'm used to milder Winters in Sydney, the ones where the weather forecast rarely dips into the single digits and your coats only get an airing for a few weeks before they're packed away again. But I'm here now! Here where the mornings are already frosty in May, and where you can see your breath in the icy pre-dawn air.

Believe it or not, I didn't really move to Melbourne for the weather (!!). I moved to make my life brilliant again.

2012 wasn't a particularly lovely year for me. I went through a tremendous amount of change in my personal relationships, that were heartbreaking and horrible at the time but now, having taken a step back and a few (hundred) deep breaths and cried a few oceans of tears, I know what these were trying to teach me. What they were trying to teach me about myself and my life. How to make it fuller. How to make me the happiest I can be. How to recognise love. That's a fairly nice feeling, I am now able to say.

And in case that wasn't enough, I hated my stinkin' job and was really not in a nice place about my career and what I wanted to do with my working life. After building what looked like a pretty successful career in a normal, power-bitch outfit wearing job, I knew it wasn't me and was actually progressively making me unwell and super unhappy. So like the other things that had changed in my life, I broke the wrist and walked away. Walked so far in fact that I found myself as a 26 year old Uni student again, learning how to be a Naturopath. That is exciting and I love it. I love it I love it I love it. Stick around kid, and I might teach you a few little things along the way!

So here I am! Sitting in my flat in Melbourne with my laptop on my knees, with my little black cat next to me, with ABC News on the telly, with homemade pizza in my belly, writing to you! Telling you my story! Introducing myself! Beginning my little space on this big ginormous internet.

I do hope you hang around, I like having you here.

Bel xx

No comments:

Post a Comment