Monday 27 May 2013

every beginning has an ending...


... and my new beginning is I think starting to come to its end. And kind of, just be happy existance. How amazing is that?!

Evidence that this must be so:


1. Last weekend was my SIX MONTH ANNIVERSARY in Melbourne. Yep. I knew something was shifting because I'd spent way more money on warm, winter woollies than I think I ever had in my twenty-six and a bit years thus far. Not that I mind though. And gorman probably doesn't really mind either, considering I've probably bumped up their profits this season. Eep! 

And you know the best way to celebrate six months in your new town? Yep, you guessed it! Go to the Melbourne version of one of your favourite Sydney places. This time, I picked Mamak. And it was as stinkin delicious as I remembered. Maybe even more so. Something in the Melbourne air maybe :) And look! The roti was so delicious the sun was shining out of it...


2. I just submitted my last assessment piece for my first semester back at school. I know, right?! Not entirely sure it has sunk in for me yet either... One semester down, seven to go. Wowsers! I'm looking forward to doing a little bit of city exploring in the next few weeks now that I have some wondrous spare time between working. 

My list of things to do in Melbourne during winter grows by the day and it seems that there are never-ending theatre shows, art collections and special exhibitions that have my name written all over them. Really really excited to button up my coat, slip on my boots and take in the city in its stark and grey wintery beauty.

Six months in and its getting pretty serious. I heart it here.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment