Sunday 27 April 2014

My wish is for unlimited long weekends!

Hey friends! Hope you've enjoyed your second long weekend in a row?! Between the bunnies and the Anzac ceremonies, and the unseasonal sunshine, wowzers it's been a great couple of weeks!

Our long weekend was a brilliant combination of quiet down-time and fun autumn outings. Anzac Day was observed pretty quietly at home, some yoga in the morning, some footy watching in the afternoon. Saturday we spent time with some magic friends of ours, eating dinner and planning more of our trip to Western Australia in August (YAY!). Sunday was just a freakin' ripper of a day. The sun was shining, breakfast and coffees and long overdue catch ups, a quick paper read in the sun out the back at home and then more footy!  I've very quickly come to realise that in Melbourne, it's kinda the go-to activity? I'm totally ok with it, hot coffees in the afternoon sun, cheering, people watching... Reminds me of how much I love this town! My team won on Friday (yes!), Dunc's team didn't win today (nawwww), but it was just really great to have a good old fashioned afternoon out.

Right now we're camped by the fire, watching ok-just-ONE-MORE-episode of The Bridge (if you're not watching it, please start immediately!) getting ready for our week. Gosh, even with an extra day this weekend, it still feels crazy that tomorrow is Monday!

Hope your weekend was just as brilliant! Maybe even more brilliant?! Lucky you! :)


[This book! I know I'm like a million years late to the party but, man! This book! I got through a fair chunk of it this weekend sitting right here :)]
[Yeah, so I rarely left the fire this weekend... We love it!]


[Penny is more in love with the firewood than the fire... Silly girl!]


[Anzac day! Collingwood won! I drank red wine on the couch!
YAAAAAAAAY!]


[Pen was interested in me for my warmth, but quickly learnt I was being way too noisy and shouty for her liking and moved to the other end of the room. Ha!]


[In order to go grocery shopping, you gotta fuel up guys! And before you ask, no these were NOT both for me :)]


[The delis at Prahran Market... My word!]


[Our spoils from the Market for delicious homemade souvlakis (Thanks Gourmet Girlfriend!...]


[... that were devoured with this little gang!]


[More footy! With a scarf change?! I'm a part-time Bulldogs supporter... but my blood will always bleed black and white :)]


[Peezel also gets involved in the costume change]


[Looking on! Go dogs!]


[Oh, Melbourne, you just don't quit]

No comments:

Post a Comment