Thursday 24 April 2014

Meat free eating for Meat Free Week!

Hi there! Do you ever set you and your family or your housemates weird little rules and challenges? I've had a few over the years... From saving $5 notes, phones and TV off at 9.30, seeing how often we can eat dinner at the table (Gasp! Not as often as you'd think!) And since we're, generally speaking a pretty low-intensity meat household, challenging ourselves to being completely meat free for an entire week - breakfasts, lunches and dinner!

We were really pleased with our lil efforts! Maybe just pretend not to pay attention to the cheese and crackers eaten at my desk at work for lunch one of the days... Hey, it was still meat free! ;)


[Veggie rice paper rolls for a quick study lunch!]


[Mango and black bean quesadillas. One of our favourite dinners!]


[Ahem... cheese, crackers, yogurt and ginger tea. Not some of my best work :) eek!]


[Stuffed giant macaroni and green beans!]


[My signature cold soba noodle salad. A weekly - sometimes more often than weekly! - occurrence in our house!]


[Avo on toast. There is just nothing better than this. Nothing I tell ya!]


[Another little cheat dinner... Vegetarian pizza from Villagio. This place is dangerously close to our house. I'm dangerously ok with it! ;)]


[A little meat free breakfast date with the one and only Bianca]


[Kale tart scoffed on the tram between school and work]


[The ultimate veggie sushi roll. My gosh I eat these little guys so often, I'm surprised I don't turn into one. So cheap! So yummy! Ahh!]

With yummy and fun dishes like this, we might even make meat free week a more regular household challenge throughout the year ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment